39 minutes ago
Q & A with Rafael Figueirdo & Nina Ruud, Founders of Cali Life Co. 🕶 🤘🏻 @calilifeco
1. City of residence: San Diego, Ca.
2. Place of birth:
Rafael: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Nina: Rice Lake, WI
3. In under five sentences, define your business:
Nina: We really do put our customers at the top within each department. Our designs are strong, durable, and made to last. Our marketing is beautiful content that’s fun to see. Our warranties are considerate and we follow up and ensure customers needs are met. Apparently, it’s not just a sunglass or a watch we are selling, it’s a brand, that will be there for you when you need us!
4. What social or environmental impact is your business making? Rafael: We use materials whenever possible like wood and acetate which are biodegradable renewable resources. All wood is harvested from FDA certified farmer’s who are regulated with conservation oversight. Cellulose Acetate is made from wood and cotton pulp and is not a petroleum byproduct. Everything is made one piece at a time, not in a large factory but by a small family business with very few machines.
5. Out of all the products you produce, which is your favorite? Why?
Rafael: They are all my favorite! Each model brings something special to the collection. I probably wear the “Sequoia” the most, crafted from Walnut and Maple wood.
Nina: My favorite is the San Simeon Aviator Style. It looks good on everyone!
6. Quote you (try to) live by?
Rafael: There is an opportunity in every occasion!
Nina: “Creativity takes courage” – Henri Matisse
7. Using one word, how would you describe yourself?
8. What is one random fact that most people don’t know about you?
Rafael: They don’t need to know! 😊
Nina: I was a farm apprentice for almost a year at a Monastic Zen Farm in Marin County. It was called Green Gulch Farm, where Allan Watts, Gary Snyder, and Alice Waters would spend time. We lived communally, meditated, and farmed organic veggies & fruits for the San Fran Farmer’s Market. at San Diego, California