22 minutes ago
Comfort food to warm my soul on a cold Sunday. This is my favourite meal. I’ve spent many years perfecting the recipe and making it WW friendly. One serving (without noodles) is 6 Freestyle SP
1 lb. beef of choice (I prefer flank steak)
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
I medium onion, diced
½ tsp. garlic, minced
1 can consommé
2 T flour
3 T ketchup
½ cup water
1 cup light sour cream
1. place beef in freezer for one hour before slicing. slice beef cross the grain into thin strips.
2. heat skillet over medium heat. brown beef in batches. remove to plate.
3. sauté onions, mushrooms, and garlic until brown in colour.
4. return beef to pan, stir to combine. pour in consommé and ketchup, stir to combine. simmer for 20 minutes.
5. combine flour and water into a slurry, set aside.
6. boil water if serving with noodles. (I use No Yolks broad noodles, 1 oz. dry is 3 SP)
7. pour slurry into beef mixture, stir to combine. simmer for 5 minutes.
8. take pan off heat and pour in sour cream, stir to combine. return to burner and simmer while noodles are cooking.
#ww #wwcanada #wwfreestyle #wwfreestylecanada #wellnessthatworks #myjourney #healthyliving #lifestyle #thisisforlife #beef #beefstroganoff #dinner #dinnerideas