3 days ago
2 meals, + snacks with only 1 prep!
CURRIED EGG SALAD STUFFED TOMATOES on a bed of balsamic vinaigrette salad! Cant beat this classic on a hot summer day! 💡 Double the egg salad recipe for an extra salad bonus meal! Just chop up a few extra celery stalks and a few slices red onion, add your tomato cores and viola! You’ve just prepped a whole Tupperware of toppings for a tasty future salad with almost zero extra work! 💡Make an even bigger batch of hard boiled eggs and keep the extra for high protein snacks! 💡 Easy peel eggs can be achieved by stirring 1/2 tsp baking soda to your cooking water
The following recipe serves 3 people
Ingredients: - 3 tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- 2 TBSP celery, chopped
- 1 TBSP red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayo (or skip mayo and double Greek yogurt for lighter fare)
- Big squirt spicy mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Opt: Few dashes hot sauce of choice
- 2 cups Spring mix dressed in balsamic vinaigrette
1. In a pot, Add enough water to just barely cover your eggs, bring to boil, then start timer, turn off heat. Leave eggs covered in hot water for 15-20 min.
2. While eggs sit, layer 3 bowls with dressed greens.
3. Cut around top of tomato, and carefully scoop out innards. Save for bonus salad, add directly to dressed greens, or serve as a later snack sprinkled with salt and pepper.
4. Peel eggs and place in large bowl, break apart coarsely with a fork.
5. Add all egg salad ingredients and mix well.
6. Spoon egg salad into tomatoes and serve on top of dressed salad greens.
#sailinglife #sailboat #galley #boatgalley #liveaboard #cooking #boatlife #onmytable #food #foodie #eggs #healthyfood #healthfood #tomato #eggsalad #lowcarb #healthydiet #freshfood #deliciousfood