14 hours ago
Lunchbox favourite!... this was a lunchbox winner from last week. We found organic edamame beans @harrisfarmmarkets; seedella and corn/rice cakes; apple, banana, zucchini muffin; rice paper rolls.
Every time I make rice paper rolls, I always think I should do it more often. They are much easier than you think and it’s a good way to encourage the kids to eat a range of raw veggies. .
Here’s our recipe:
- rice paper roll sheets
- left over slow cooked lamb (we use tin tuna or chicken sometimes too)
- 1 tsp Tamari sauce - 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- squeeze of lemon juice
- rice vermicelli noodles (cooked)
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and then grated with peeler
- 1/2 cucumber, grated with peeled
- spinach leaves
- 1/2 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- mint leaves, roughly chopped
1. In another bowl make the sauce, mix 1tbsp of yoghurt with 1 tsp tamari sauce, 1/2 tsp maple syrup and a squeeze of lemon.
2. Get your rice noodles and other veggies ready while soaking a rice paper sheet in a bowl of water (for about 1min).
3. Take out soaked sheet and replace with another sheet. Place soaked sheet on chopping board and add sauce, tuna, noodles and the chosen prepared veggies.
4. Roll up rice paper roll, folding in sides.
5. Place cucumber or carrot stick between rice paper rolls in lunchbox so they don’t stick together.
6. You may prefer to omit sauce in rolls and add a dipping sauce. ***swipe right for the video 😊
#ricepaperrolls #edamame #lunchinspo #saladwrap #leftoversforlunch #leftovers #organiclifestyle #organicliving #eatmoreveggies #eattherainbow #rawveggies #kidslunchbox #kidslunchboxideas #lunchboxideas #lunchboxlove #lunchboxinspo #foodlover #instayum #smartfoodchoices #eatwell #mamablogger at Charlestown, New South Wales