6 minutes ago
EASY CASHEW CHICKEN (one pan!) When I'm pressed for time (which is always b/c I am in school until 7pm), I love making fast but healthy and flavorful meals that'll fill me up for a night of studying (or relaxing!). I am definitely a person who eats more at night than during the day. That being said, this recipe also would make an awesome lunch. Plus, it's paleo and can be made vegan by subbing tofu or tempeh for the chicken. This only took me 15 minutes to whip up, and even my baby sister loved it.
The Deets: -1 lb chicken
-3 c sliced bell pepper -2 c broccoli -2 c celery -1 c sliced carrots -1/2 c cashews -1 tbs oil -salt
-2 cloves garlic and 4 green onions
-1/4 c cashew butter, 1/4 c water, 2 tsp honey or maple syrup, 2 tbs @braggsacvhealth liquid aminos, 1 tbs sesame oil, 1 tsp ginger powder
1. Mix the sauce ingredients together.
2. Cook the chicken w/ salt and oil
3. Add in the veggies, and cook until fairly soft
4. add in garlic and scallions.
5. Pour in sauce and cook until it thickens. Mix in cashews, and serve! I had mine over brown rice and added cilantro because I love it!
Let me know if you try this recipe, and how you like it!