54 minutes ago
Super day for the girls at #Mkfestival yesterday. First outing for #tutu and #balletsolo from #tutuclassique which got lots of positive comments!!
I just thought I’d note a few things I recommend bringing for those attending #dancefestivals for the first time so here are my #top7 tips for newbies.
1. Hairspray - not only used for the hair but use on ballet socks to keep them up and ballet ribbons to keep them tucked in!
2. Baby wipes - a godsend. You can use them on costumes, face, sticky hands, or to wipe your own brow when things get heated. I recommend #waterwipes
3. Energy drinks - these things can go on and on and on....no red bull needed, but something like #lucozadesport can really give the dancers a pop of energy when they need it. Just make sure that no costumes are being worn when consumed!!
4. Tissues - I can’t begin to tell you the times I’ve been to these places and the toilets have been horrendous 🤢 I’ll say no more......
5. Deodorant - dressing rooms can be a sweaty, packed place, both for you and your child.
6. Loose-fitting tops for your child - the last thing you want is to spend half an hour doing an immaculate bun only to then ruin it by pulling a tight top over their head. Even better - get a onesie that can just go down.
7. Hairgrips - get yourself to #primark and pick up a job lot of their Kirby grips and bun grips. They’re cheap as chips and trust me, you’ll need more than you think.
Hopefully that gives you a few tips to make your first festival a success! Good luck and let me know how you get on!!
#dancemumsuk #dancecompetition #dancecompetition #dancemums #dancemumslife #dancelife #dancegoals #ballet #modern #practicemakesperfect