2 hours ago
Remember when I was in Cambodia for work? Two days ago a fire broke out in part of the @cambochildrensfund community and burned the homes and possessions of 50 families. They already had so little and now they have nothing. $1,700 builds them a new home. Got $10 to spare? Donation link in bio.
One of our communities has been hit by a devastating fire.
This is the Sok family, standing in the smouldering ashes of what once was their home. The children, all students at CCF, escaped from the blaze in just their pyjamas.
Yesterday afternoon, at around 3pm, a fire started in the Sambok Chab village. Within half an hour the community had burnt to the ground.
46 families have lost their homes and their belongings. These are poor families who had very little. Now they are left with nothing.
Families desperately sifted through the ashes, hoping to recover their belongings or even pieces of scrap metal to sell.
CCF's dedicated team, alongside Cambodia Red Cross, are working hard to provide shelter, emergency supplies and support for all 46 families affected.
We will do everything we can, including raising funds to clear the area and rebuild homes. However, If you can help now is the time to take action.
You can donate by going to our website (link in our bio). Select the 'Fire Crisis' campaign to ensure your donations reach these families in need.
If you can donate your time or would like to find out more information, please email email@example.com
#cambodia #phnompenh #cambodianchildrensfund #fundraiser at Cambodian Children's Fund