10 hours ago
Dinner 29 of our #200mealsathome, Country-Style Pork Stew...or Soup in our case... Since we've been on this cooking kick, we are buying all the cooking and recipe magazines that have all the yummy things we'd love to cook and eat. We found this stew in the magazine, Soups and Stews For Two, by @testkitchen. This was pretty close to the Potato Sausage and Cabbage stew we posted a few weeks ago, but enter player 3, PORK!
the recipe has potatoes, carrots, cabbage, onions, kielbasa, and pork spiced with salt, pepper, and Herbs De Provence that is brought together by chicken stock. Flavors.All.Damn.Day!
@cookscountry has this amazing recipe on their website: https://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/8309-country-style-pork-stew-for-two?extcode=NSPNC13ZZ
Notes on the recipe:
1) we sauteed the onions first before adding the potatoes, carrots, and kielbasa.
2) you made need to use more chicken stock or broth that the recipe calls for...just watch your amounts with the ingredients.
3) make sure that your liquid stays bubbling when simmering. Otherwise you will be like me, and waiting for the cabbage to wilt. When it's not, you'll have to call in backup to help (thanks @susanmp9!).
4) we doubled the recipe, so we used a lot more Herbs De Provence and garlic...which you could do if you're following the normal recipe.
5) we left this as soup, and didn't smash the potatoes like the recipe says to do. It was 9:30 PM and we were hungry!
#soup #paleo #paleorecipes #pork #porkloin #homecooking #healthylifestyle #homemade #feedfeed #igfood #igfoodie #influencer #americatestkitchen #amatuerchef #nutrition #realfood #recipeshare #recipeguide #cleaneating #wholefood #f52grams #nutrition #lecreuset @lecreuset