5 days ago
SAVOURY FRENCH TOAST (RECIPE 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻)
We love French toast in our house! It’s warm, comforting, quick, easy and the flavour combinations are really, only limited by the sundries in our pantry! With only 2 essential ingredients (bread & eggs), it’s a dish we can make when there’s “no food in the fridge” & even on stale bread!
Although we don’t eat much bread, we always have a mini loaf of High Fibre, LowGi, 7 Seeds & Grains bread from @colessupermarkets on hand. It’s particularly yummy toasted, the seeds become golden, crunchy and beautifully aromatic! It’s also the perfect density for Miss 6mo, surviving her vice-grip long enough to get her munch on! As a big plus, it’s a healthier option than most breads and because it comes in a mini-loaf size, we have no waste at the end of the week! This recipe is great to use up the last of the loaf when it’s not so fresh anymore!
SAVOURY FRENCH TOAST
🍞 4 slices of bread
🥚 2 eggs, beaten
🌶 1 tsp Curry powder
🧂 a pinch of white pepper
🌿 1 tsp dried chives
💛 1 Tbs Butter
- In a heavy based fry pan, melt a little butter on medium-high heat
- In a large dish, combine egg with curry powder, chives and pepper
- piece by piece coat bread slices in egg mixture
- slowly fry each slice until golden brown on each side and cooked through (you may need to reduce the heat if browning too quickly and add a little more butter for each new slice)
- pat off excess butter, cut in to finger shaped strips & allow to cool before offering
🍞 🍎 Here I served the Savoury French Toast fingers with some Apple wedges. Miss carb-ivore ignored the fresh fruit today, though!
#blw #babyledweaning #babyfood #todlerfood #stalebreadrecipes #stalebread #colessupermarkets #lowgi #lowgirecipes #blwideas #frenchtoast #frenchtoastrecipe #nosalt #lowsodiumdiet #lowsodiumrecipes #blwaustralia #firstfoods #blwaustraliafirstfoods #whatmybabyeats #nowastehome #nowastedfood #nofoodwaste