21 minutes ago
Aaahhh soup! Nothing screams winter like a nice crockpot soup recipe. While some friends are vacationing in warm weather we are stuck here in the snowy north. Having this kind of weather certainly made me want to bundle up with a comfy blanket, have some soup and tea, and just watch tv 😂
These past few days have been “boring eating days” but I’ve been doing anything to keep myself in a state of ketosis. This past weekend I’ve been eating baked chicken thighs with sautéed broccoli, chili, and lettuce wraps. For breakfast I fasted and the next day I was at a family breakfast so I ordered a side of ham, bacon, and strawberries. So.... that was my weekend!
Anyways..... here’s my recipe for the soup. You can cook it in a crock pot or on the stove top. I just used my Ninja cooker so I could leave it cooking for most of the day.
Creamy Chicken Soup 🥣
313 Calories • 26g Fat • 15g Protein • 4g Net Carbs
4 medium celery stalks diced
1 cup diced onion
4 TBSP salted butter
1 lb chicken breast filleted
6 cups chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 tsp white pepper (you could use black)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tsp xanthan gum
Salt to taste
1. In a large stock pot melt the butter over medium high heat then sauté the celery and onion.
2. Place the chicken breast in the pot, pour in the chicken broth, add the bay leaf, white pepper, and garlic powder. Stir then cover and let it gently boil until the chicken is fork tender. It should be about 30 minutes. If it’s done in a crock pot, you can leave it on low for 5 hours or on high for 2.5 hours.
3. Once the chicken is fork tender, remove it from the soup and shred.
4. While the chicken is out of the bowl, add the heavy whipping cream then the xanthan gum. Be sure to stir it in well so it doesn’t clump.
5. Salt to taste if desired and then return the chicken to the soup. Stir then serve. at Macomb, Michigan