4 hours ago
Show off your Masterchef creations in a kitchen of this calibre. How do you stay energized and engaged with the act of cooking at home? Our Sunday Sharing Tips is all about Meal Planning!
1. GET INSPIRED with recipes. When reading magazines or browsing online, have a place to keep all your recipe needs. List down some family favourites and keep them organised!
2. CALENDAR. Create a menu for the week. For example: Soup night, Pasta night, Asian night, Veg only day etc. Have a theme so you don’t get bored. Archive these weekly menus and rotate them whenever necessary so you don’t have to keep planning.
3. SHOPPING. Look through the current specials and create a grocery list. Choose a shopping day. Nowadays, its so easy using an app on your phone to add/tick off as needed. Use an app that you can sync with your partner so if either one of you goes shopping, you both can edit and see the same grocery list.
4. PREPARE. Prep stuff as soon as you get home from the store, cut up vegetables and fruits for easy access later on. Cook bigger portions so that you have leftovers for the day after and you can freeze it whenever you need a quick go-to meal. Make sure you label and date all your frozen food.
5. “It’s OK”. Embrace its OK if you’re tired and just want takeaway food. Its OK to cook with store bought jars or ready made pastes, not necessarily having to make everything from scratch. Its OK to eat leftovers for the next 2 days. As long as you have a well-balanced lifestyle, its all OK.