5 hours ago
Baked Falafel 🥗🍢
* ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and soaked in the refrigerator
* ½ cup roughly chopped red onion
* ½ cup packed fresh parsley
* ½ cup packed fresh cilantro
* 4 cloves garlic, quartered
* 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
* ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* ½ teaspoon ground cumin
* ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Pour ¼ cup of the olive oil into a large, rimmed baking sheet and turn until the pan is evenly coated.
2. In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, onion, parsley, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
3. Using your hands, scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time. Shape the falafel into small balls, about 2 inches wide and ½ inch thick. Place each falafel on your oiled pan.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, carefully flipping the falafels halfway through baking, until the falafels are deeply golden on both sides. These falafels keep well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for several months.
#food #falafel #lifestyle #healthy at Gold Coast, Queensland