5 minutes ago
😋A nice hot bowl of butternut squash Mexican quinoa is perfect for this ridiculously freezing day! I had some last night & today I topped it with my fave 🥑guacamole! It’s seriously delish!
Butternut Squash Mexican Quinoa
* 4 cups butternut squash * 1 cup canned corn
* 1 can (15.25 ounces) black beans drained and rinsed
* 1 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire-roasted petite diced tomatoes
* 1/2 green pepper chopped
* 1 small jalapeno optional
* 2 cans (19 ounces each) mild red enchilada sauce
* 1 cup vegetable broth
* Seasonings: chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, * Optional topping ideas: shredded cheddar cheese, fresh lime juice, sour cream, guacamole, chopped cilantro
1. Spray your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
2. Peel & cut the the butternut squash into cubes and place in the slow cooker.
3. Add in the corn, green peppers, drained and rinsed black beans, rinsed quinoa, minced garlic, undrained fire-roasted petite diced tomatoes, diced jalapeno (optional), the 2 cans of enchilada sauce, vegetable broth, and the seasonings.
4. Give everything a good stir, cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the quinoa is cooked and the butternut squash is tender. Mine took 3.
5. Remove the lid and stir everything together really well. Allow the liquid to absorb while on low for another 30 minutes or until mostly absorbed.
6. Top bowls with optional toppings & enjoy! .
#ilovemycrockpot #easyrecipes #healthyrecipes #butternutsquash #chaoscoordinator #momofthree #girlmom #momof3 #dailymotherhood #momstruggles #mealprepideas at Walpole, Massachusetts