2 hours ago
This is my 2 year old after an overdose on adult medicine. .
This week I had one of the scariest moments of my life. My two year old had been suspiciously quiet for a little too long, so I went looking for him. After calling his name a few times he came running up to me with a big smile, I asked him what he had been doing and why he didn’t come when I called him the first few times. He proudly tells me that he had found candy and eaten lots.
Confused I asked him where the candy was, “in my tummy” he tells me as my brain goes into over drive. I hadn’t given him candy, my helper wouldn’t have either, so did he climb on a chair to steal some or did he find some? So, I asked him to show me where he found the candy. He took my hand and lead me to the room where our helper had been ironing earlier that day, he leads me to the sofa and says “taa daa” waiting for me to laugh or give some kind of reaction. It wasn’t the reaction he was looking for though. .
On the sofa lay an open bottle of my helper’s painkillers with only 5 tablets left inside. My heart and stomach twisted and I felt sick. I rushed to the fridge and grabbed a black lemonade that had activated charcoal in it and told him to drink while mummy got her shoes. Thankfully my husband walked in at that moment and he rushed him to the closest hospital just 10 minutes away and he started to drift in and out. .
What ensued can only be described as one of the worst days of motherhood for me. The Dr and nurses frantically begged and pleaded with our boy to drink a thick foul smelling concoction, he wouldn’t give in and I knew exactly what was coming. I felt sick, my heart was in my throat and my eyes started to fill with tears. I knew I couldn’t be the one to hold him down so the Dr sent for another nurse. .
Continued in the comment section...