19 days ago
Stress and Weight
High stress levels and weight gain go hand in hand. Stress can hinder our weight management or weight loss. When we are stressed our Brain signals adrenal glands to release a hormone called CORTISOL also a chemical NEUROPEPTIDE Y. When these are released in response to stress blood sugar level rises more than required. The unused glucose ends up being stored as fat. If we are stressed most of the time and have high levels of sugar leads to weight gain. That is why obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels is associated with increased stress levels.
This is the reason or culprit of emotional eating when you are frustrated, sad, angry, lonely etc
Now how can we combat stress levels.
1. First and foremost positive thinking. Optimism enables you to cope better with stressful situation. Lower negative thoughts and practice positive self talk.
Change your- I've never done this before to
Its an opportunity to learn something new.
2. Don't rely on other people for your happiness and sorrows. Be it your parents, spouse, friends, colleague, boyfriend, girlfriend etc. None can think alike.
Keep your ego at bay as it will harm you and not the other person.
3. Do not compare yourself with anyone, all are unique in their own way. Specially women, half of the time their stress levels are high because body frame, complexion, beauty, clothes in nut shell how they look. If you are happy inside you will look beautiful no matter your dark or fair, fat or fit, with makeup or without.
4. Once in a while involve yourself in your favorite activity can be music, dance, sports etc.
5. Walking and Exercise really helps in lowering down stress levels as it maintains the cortisol level taking care of the excess sugar levels due to stress. involve yourself in 30-45 mins of physical activity.
These small changes make big differences in Life. I am sure you will agree.
#goodhealth #dietdiaries #onlinediet #newdelhi #eatrightnotless #stressandweight