4 hours ago
I forgot to turn the sound off so pls enjoy me saying MMMMM YESSSSSSSSSS.
This week has been one of particularly bloody good food - but this dish, the valentines home cooked meal ate cosied up on the sofa, topped them all 💁🏼♀️
Triple Cheese Mac n Cheese
A few of you asked for the recipe in response to my stories, and this one is incredibly easy!
1. Begin cooking your macaroni, obvs.
2. Make a béchamel sauce, and slowly melt in your cheeses. Start with your Brie, then add your Roquefort & then then your cheddar - making sure each one melts & mixes in, before adding the next. No matter the cheeses you choose, always add soft first, then blue, then cheddar. I’ve never measured the cheese we use - so chuck it in to your own taste. Fair warning: A blue is always quite strong. Keep stirring this on a low heat until (3) is complete.
3. In a separate pan, fry off chopped leeks, red onion & sun dried tomatoes (dried, not the oil based ones, as they would over power your food). We used to use bacon instead, and since being vegetarians have found this a great swap.
4. Mix that godly creation together, and whack it into a large oven proof dish.
5. Sprinkle what I would call ‘a tonne’ of grated cheddar over the top.
6. Pop it in the oven at 180 degrees, for ten minutes or so, until the cheese is golden and bubbling away.
7. Immediately consume far more than is acceptable, because we prioritise cheese over all else 🧀🧀🧀
Are you trying it? I wanna know. Comment below if you’d do anything differently ✌🏼
(Ps: I started a new food account @bitemeveggie) at Clapham Common