DirectingForIMAG Photos & Videos

4 months ago

Just because a band team member is on stage doesn’t mean they get equal camera time. If someone is stiff and not giving any energy or the energy they are giving is awkward, don’t put them on screen.⠀ #DirectingForIMAG #BenStapleyVideos

181
4 months ago

Emphasize the lead singer and lead musician. They are the number one focus on stage because they lead the song, the audience and the band.⠀ #DirectingForIMAG #BenStapleyVideos

152
5 months ago

Static shots are boring, so keep the movement going as much as possible. Try to have your cameras constantly pushing, pulling, panning, tilting, or doing some other type of movement.⠀ #DirectingForIMAG #BenStapleyVideos

221
5 months ago

They say 10% of leadership is making the decision the other 90% is communicating the decision. This leadership principle holds true to the directing role.⠀ #DirectingForIMAG #BenStapleyVideos

232
5 months ago

Most of the time you want a knees up or waist up shot because the closer you get to your subject the more intimate it will be. The widest you should be is a head-to-toe shot.⠀ #DirectingForIMAG #BenStapleyVideos

251
5 months ago

The director always needs to be thinking and experiencing the production one step ahead of everybody else. This will help them anticipate the action, cue camera operators accordingly, and cut when necessary.⠀ #DirectingForIMAG #BenStapleyVideos

201
6 months ago

IMAG connects everyone in an auditorium to what is happening on the stage. This keeps people engaged and enhances their overall experience.⠀ #DirectingForIMAG #BenStapleyVideos

3710
6 months ago

I’ll explain why your event should incorporate IMAG or image magnification. When you should incorporate it. And how to direct it.⠀ #DirectingForIMAG #BenStapleyVideos

294